- Students under the age of 35 who participated in a MASA program or started or will start MASA Israel Teaching Fellowship (MITF) may qualify for a tuition discount thanks to the cooperation between MASA and the Melton Centre for Jewish Education at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Inquire below.
- EUROPEAN only: Yesod Professional Development Fund: https://yesodeurope.eu/yesod-professional-development-fund-2/
- USA students only: Experienced educators scholarship. Must have 3 years experience in a Jewish school, organization or education related field, where was active at least 15 hours a week, and at least 5 years have passed since your undergraduate studies. Limited to only 7 students each cohort. (contact us for details)
- For students with Israel citizenship:
- European Students active in Jewish community may apply for the Rothschild Fund Yesod grant
- Australian Students may contact the friends of the Hebrew University scholarship.
- USA only: Experienced Jewish educators in schools or Jewish organization with at least 3 years of professional experience and more than 5 years since they’ve completed their undergraduate studies. You will need to be recommended for this scholarship. Limited to 7 students.
- MASA Israel Teaching Fellowship: If you are under the age of 35 and have not participated in MASA, you may study for the MA Education while tutoring English in Israel as part of the MASA Israel Teaching Fellowship program.
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem website: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/zemsky
- Education of Women: http://www.jfew.org/?page=eligibility
- For European Students, Rothschild Foundation offers scholarships https://rothschildfoundation.eu/grants/jewish-education/
- For Australian Students, check with the Australian Friends of the Hebrew University.
- For all students under the age of 35 who have not spent more than 3 months in Israel, check your eligibility for the Onwards Israel grant starting from $2,000. (Summer seminar 6 weeks)
- New Immigrants (Olim) to Israel under the age of 30 may qualify for the Minhal Studentim benefits for new immigrants to Israel, which covers the entire tuition! https://www.gov.il/en/departments/general/students_eligibility
מועמדים לתוכנית בעלי אזרחות ישראלית שאינם חיים בישראל זכאיים לשכר לימוד אוניברסיטאי לישראליים שעמוד כיום על סה”כ 28,000 ש”ח (ניתן לשלם את הסכום בדולרים בשווה ערך בשקלים).
- General info: https://www.reviews.com/best-scholarship-search-platforms/
Additional External sources:
New York Federation Scholarships and Grants
In the United States, many cities have a Bureau of Jewish Education that gives out scholarships. Contact them directly for information.
PLEASE NOTE: The Bureaus of Jewish Education listed below only give scholarships to people who are located in and or around their city. Please do not contact them if you’re from a different area.
- Buffalo, NY: If you’re in the Buffalo area, to apply for the Israel Scholarship Fund, contact the Foundation of Jewish Philanthropies by clicking this link to request an application.
- Cleveland, OH: If you’re in the Cleveland area, please contact Helen Wolf, Israel Programs Director, (216) 371-0446.
- Indianapolis, IN: If you’re in the Indianapolis area, contact their office to see what scholarships they offer: (317) 255-3124.
- Phoenix, AZ: If you’re in the Phoenix area, contact the Israel Center at:email@example.com or (480) 634-4900, ext. 1119.
- Rhode Island: Grants and scholarships are available for Greater Rhode Island residents for high school or college education programs in Israel. Please contact Larry Katz for more information: (401) 421-5999, ext. 179, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hebrew Free Loan https://www.hflasf.org/apply/loans-we-offer/student/
International Association of Jewish Free Loans http://freeloan.org/
Southern California: https://www.jfla.org/apply-for-a-loan/loan-eligibility/
For information on Financial aid for the MA in Education specializing in Jewish Education program, please see this link: http://melton.huji.ac.il/book/melton-blended-masters-jewish-education or ask us to contact you by filling in the contact form below.